Saturday, May 22, 2010

i live in Australia . what type of lizzard would be good with children age 11??


Answers:
For a 11 year old , a toy lizzard from Funskool will be the best. Reptiles or animals of any kind can be unpredictable and dangerous, 11 year old is too young to handle any kind of reptile. If i were you, i would wait till he turn 15 year old.
Stumpy Tails are friendly and awesome.

My friend has 2 (Kung and Fu) and they're awesome.
When I lived in Oz I found a Goanna about three feet long and took him/her home. It became apparent the poor thing was blind, hence I was able to "catch" it with ease.

It was fine most of the time, and I spent ages each day after school catching grasshoppers and the like to feed to it as it could not see to feed itself.

It bit me once when over-enthusiastically trying to devour a particularly large "hopper" I was waving under its nose! When they bite, they stay biting!

Otherwise, it was a superb specimen and it was peaceable, except when next door's yappie dog decided to have a go. The Goanna won.
Hi
We recently got my daughter who is 10years old a bearded dragon.
He is hardier than most other reptiles and best of all loves to be handled.
We now have lizard watch instead of television!
All the best in your search
Well I know they are native to Australia but I am unsure if there are breeders for them there. I highly recomend a bearded dragon. They are omnivorous and are desert reptiles. Actually.Here, go to www.repticzone.com. Its a large reptile forum. There under the lizard section are listed some very popular lizards. Just skim some of the caresheets and messages posted and that should help you pick a good one.
well im 11 and i have bearded dragons (beardies) there alot of work if you dont want to do it but if you just do the work its not that hard i have 2 and they are very fun, but the only weird thing is you have to buy different size CRICKETS i hate feeding them the crickets cause you have to dust the crickets with some dust to give them calcium

No comments:

Post a Comment