Saturday, May 22, 2010

I killed 30" timber rattlesnake in my driveway.Anyone know what a new born one looks like?

I have seen a couple of tiny all grey snakes around and wondered if they were baby rattlers. The pics on the internet seem to show them already with patterns? Would appreciate an answer.
Answers:
They look exactly like the adults do, only smaller.

Snakes hatch out oftheir eggs with their adult markings.

Not tryingto be smart, butt he only difference is size.
i would apreciate it if you LEFT THEM THE HELL ALONE! snakes are my passion and they all belong here even the venomous ones.. if you see one in your area call your local herp society and have them do a pic up..

by the way if is dosent have a rattle then its probrably not a rattle snake..


the paternless one your talking about isnt venomous.

by the way to the above poster.. rattle snakes dont hatch out of eggs they give live birth.

more people die from beiing struck by lightning each year then by being bittin by a venomous snake
I agree you should really try to leave them alone. They kill all the vermon that would offer you a larger host of problems and disease. If you truly are afraid for your safety then really just call animal control and have the snake removed. SNAKES are a great value to our ecosystem and thier habitat is already being threatened enough.
I speak from experience, I grew up in the hills of southern california and i have had rattle snakes in my house (not on purpose) on my doorstep and was once even trapped in my treehouse as a child because there was one at the bottom. Yikes. BUt i never wanted to see them dead. Just wanted to not get bitten!! :)

Alot of people realize that snakes are not to be feared but respected and so become very passionate about the senseless killing of these valuable creatures. BECOME INFORMED if you live in a place with alot of reptiles. Know the facts and become a benefit to your area. If you really want to know what the other snakes are, I would just google Snakes of YOURSTATE.
INfact i recommend you learn what snakes are indigenous to your area anyways so that if you encounter one on a hike or in your yard, you can react with confidence.
I believe, I read that more than half the people killed by snake bites each year were people that were trying to kill the snake in the first place. Why would you kill it? I bet if it was a bunny rabbit you wouldn't have. Next time, call the animal control center or something. Don't kill a helpless animal. You do realize WE invade THEIR territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment