Saturday, May 22, 2010

I have recently lost my pet snake?

Its been almost two weeks since my pet snake escaped.I have looked everywhere..I even put flour on the floor where i think he might be.. But so far there have been no sign of him.any suggestions??
Answers:
If you have a relationship with this animal -- call it by its name. If you don't have a realtionship, perhaps it is not really a pet.

Set out trays of water. Snakes and all animals need water, It will come to the water.

Find it soon before hybernation season comes. If you don't find it, look for the place that would seems most underground - in the bottom of a close or a cabinet, between your stored sheets and towels, under coushions or pillows, etc.
Look under the sofa cushions.
That happened to me once. My snake got out from a small hole in the top of the terrarium and I couldn't find him. About a week or two later I say a very big trail of ants going inside of my door. I have one of those crappy plywood doors with some cardboard inside of them, and when I tore open a few holes, I found a dead snake curled up in a ball halfway up the door.

So I'd say search where you'd least expect.
if your snake its mice, get a mouse, and let it free in your house where you think he might be. Put the mouse in some sort of like powder, so wherever he runs it leaves a trail. wherever the trail stops, thats where he got eaten, and your sname will be around there somewhere.
set traps.let live chooks and mice run around in the house when the snake has finished eating these he/she should be big enough to see from far away and then you can catch it
Look somewhere that has a heat source. I found mine under the fridge once, and under the tub another time. I also found one of mine on top of the rat cage (outside the house, how it got there still amazes me.) But I wouldn't reccomend letting rats to inside your home. Put one in a tank instead. Almost anything that it can wrap around, and if it is wrapped around something, obviously you shouldn't pull on it.

Good luck.
well, im not really sure, those other suggestions are pretty well put and i think u should follow thoz. my brother caught this HUGE rat snake then put in a glass jar,w/ out the top on it of course) and broght it outside in his back yard and it escaped. so now its lurking around in the neighborhood..
Here is something that may work for you, as snakes gravitate toward heat sources as well as dark places. First of all, check around heat sources in your home, such as televisions, under the refrigerator, around any other appliances. If that doesn't produce a result, try this: Get a cardboard box with a lid (such as a shoe box) and cut a hole in one side near the bottom that will be large enough for your snake to enter. Place a heat mat (make sure it isn't so hot that it will burn the snake) beneath the box and set it somewhere out of the way. Do this at night. Check it in the morning, and you just may have a snake waiting for you in the box (just make sure you lift the lid slowly as to not startle it too much). I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment