Sunday, August 2, 2009

I have 2 corn snakes one bit the other while feeding.what med can i put on the bite that whant hurt my snake?


Answers:
Nothing. Just gently rinse it for several minutes with warm water. Then, see your reptile DVM in the morning to see if it needs anything else to prevent an abscess from developing.

WHAT were they doing in the same cage while being fed?!
A Veterinarian is right in her answer and i agree with it completely. The only thing i would add is to maybe put some betadine on the wound. I always like using saline solution to rinse any wounds on animals.
Never feed the snakes together..
they usually heal on their own! you should really feed them apart! believe it or not, one can accidentally swallow the other trying to eat the same food!!
Hi I know this is not an answer, but I wanted to ask you what do corn snakes eat and like how do you take care of them. I have been considering getting one but I am not sure if they make good pet's. Can you PLEASE answer my question! thanks
my e-mail address is i_luv_dogs2010@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Kaisy
DO NOT use Betadine on a snake. Many snakes react very badly to iodine (which is in Betadine).

Believe the vet who has answered already.

The big problem you have to worry about is teeth. They have roughly a zillion little needle-sharp teeth, and they can get broken off under the skin. This applies to humans, too; I got nailed by an annoyed baby 'Glades the other day and had to dig a tooth out of my knuckle. It was like a cactus glochid -- I couldn't see it, it was so small, I just had to scrape for it. You don't want an abcess forming around a tooth like that, either in your snake or in your.

(go ahead and use the Betadine on humans!)
i have no clue so take it to the vet and next time separate them for feading because it could end up both snaks grabing the same bit of food and one will end up food for the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment